He said Bangladeshis found to be living illegally in India will be taken back after proper verification
Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen has said those who have entered Bangladesh from India in recent weeks will be sent back if they are not Bangladeshis.
Addressing a bus service launching ceremony in Sylhet on Wednesday, he added that the Indian government said they would not forcefully push in anyone, reports UNB.
The minister also said Bangladeshis found to be living illegally in India will be taken back after proper verification.
“If any Bangladeshi is found to be living in India illegally, they will be returned back through legal process and after scrutiny. India has also been informed about this,” he said.
The “Nagar Express” city bus service has been introduced in Sylhet to resolve the public transport crisis in the divisional headquarters.
He said: “It is our big success as the Nagar Express bus service was launched which I hope would be beneficial for the city dwellers.”
He also said a new train will be introduced on the Sylhet-Chittagong route soon. Besides, quality bogies will be added to the existing trains.
Speaking as a special guest at the bus launching program, Sylhet City Corporation Mayor Ariful Haque Chowdhury said; “The Nagar Express bus service will ensure better transport facilities to commuters. We are not rivals to transport owners and workers.
“We want to bring discipline in the transport sector in Sylhet city and also want to build Sylhet as a model city of bringing people together.”
The much-expected Nagar Express transport service, with 41 buses, will render service to residents of Sylhet city and adjoining areas.
Out of the 41 buses, there will be a separate bus for women.
Official sources said initially, the buses will run from Tukerbazar to Hetimganj via Medical Road. The buses will ply from Tukerbazar via Bandar to Bateshwar, from Surma Market point to Hetimganj and Airport to Hajiganj of Moglabazar via Kadamtali.
Skilled drivers and supervisors have already been appointed.
Earlier in 2008, public transport service, Town Bus, was launched with 35 minibuses at personal initiative. However, the service was suspended three years later due to losses.